Pictures shown are mature trees for sake of reference.
This product is sold in seedling size (18-24") bundles of 25.
(Not full grown)
American basswood is often used as a specimen or dense shade tree. Its heart-shaped leaves and fragrant flowers in June make it especially attractive for people, while songbirds and blue jays are attracted to its seeds and use the tree for shelter.
- Family (English)Linden
- Family (botanic)Tiliaceae
- Foliage: Deciduous (seasonally loses leaves)
- Native locale: Chicago area, Illinois, North America
- Size range: Large tree (more than 40 feet)
- Mature height: 60-80 feet
- Mature width: 30-60 feet
- Light exposure: Full sun (6 hrs direct light daily), Partial sun / shade (4-6 hrs light daily)
- Hardiness zones: Zone 3 - Zone 8
- Soil preference: Moist, well-drained soil
- Tolerances: Alkaline soil, Clay soil, Dry sites, Occasional drought
- Season of interest: Early summer, midsummer, early fall, mid fall
- Flower color and fragrance: Fragrant, Yellow
- Shape or form: Oval, Pyramidal, Round
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Transplants well: Yes
- Planting considerations: Highly susceptible to ice damage
- Wildlife: Game mammals, Small mammals
Excerpt from The Morton Arboretum: https://mortonarb.org/plant-and-protect/trees-and-plants/american-basswood/
Basswood (American Linden) - Bundle of 25
- I'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item.